Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Unseen Terror: Day 25


A small group of friends plan the ultimate bank robbery, which will net them about $2 million if everything goes according to plan. Problem is, they stage the robbery a day too early. Another problem, as it turns out, is that the town they arrive in is about to come under siege from an attack by mysterious, bloodthirsty freaks.

Before you even ask as to why this made the list of movies to review, I'll give you the reason: it was filmed in Wilmington, North Carolina, which happens to be where I reside. I can't help that I'd want to geek out a little by spotting certain recognizable locations. But trust me, if something like Blue Velvet or even The Bleeding had been available for instant streaming, I would easily taken them over this. This is just a very forgettable and stupid horror/heist movie that won't really appeal to anyone except for perhaps those who want to look for familiar surroundings in the background.

The cast is pretty terrible, though I can't say I was surprised. I refuse to believe that any bank robbers, especially those who have presumably done it prior to this incident, could be this unorganized or just plain ignorant as some of these guys were. The script feels nonexistent, and I wouldn't be shocked to find out if a lot of the dialogue was improvised. Big Daddy Kane was probably the best actor in the whole film, he at least looks like he's trying to deliver his lines with some sort of feeling or emotion. D.J. Naylor, a fellow Wilmingtonian, was also decent, but I may be giving him a pass since his character was one of the two not written to be a complete douchebag or moron.

This movie's ultimate downfall though was the one thing that initially didn't concern me with having to even finish it and that was it's runtime. This is 75 minutes long, and it takes us 45 minutes for the horror portion of this film to kick in, where we see our "zompires" as I'll call them. After that, it basically turns into a ghetto version of From Dusk til Dawn meets The Town, except upping the suck factor and rushing everything way too quickly. So in the end, this just isn't really worth checking out. It isn't TERRIBLE like I expected it to be, but like I said above, you're probably going to be watching just to see more of Wilmington in a film.


I morgen vil jeg tage en rejse til Danmark og kontrollere DE SUBSTITUERENDE!

No comments: