Monday, February 2, 2009

Disappointment

So my cold has been reactivated (or made worse, I'm not sure) over the past couple of days. I suppose that going out to places where there was a lot of smoking and whatnot didn't help. I obviously didn't think that through. I was feeling pretty damn good on Friday, but after being in Firebelly's and Barbary Coast for most of the evening, and being surrounded by human chimneys who may or may not be in equally bad conditions, I started feeling symptoms again. Couple that with going to Buffalo Wild Wings on Saturday and being surrounded by three of the worst smokers I know, and I'm sick yet again. Oh what rotten luck and utter stupidity on my part.

I haven't really had the chance to listen to much new music this week. I found an old cd wallet the other day and spent some time burning some of my oooollddd stuff to itunes that I thought I'd lost forever. Some of the music still holds up (Soundgarden, STP, even Metallica's Black album), some...doesn't. I found an ancient mix cd that my friends had made back in the day when they were obsessed with DDR. I only recognized a handful of tracks, mainly the first ones which are actually anime theme songs (two Ruroni Kenshin ending themes which STILL kick ass). I've always dug most of the themes to animes, even if I don't care to follow the stuff anymore. There were two or three Captain Jack songs which brought some minor laughs. Most of it is garbage though.


My laptop needs to be looked at. The screen doesn't close properly, the sound is going in certain parts, and the charger cable doesn't seem to work about half the time. Lame.


Someone I've always had a hit or miss relationship with (as FRIENDS thank you) is joining the army. I had heard rumors of it for about the past week or so, but got an official confirmation on Saturday. I'm not really sure what to think. Most of my childhood friends went off to join the Marines and I haven't heard from them again, though I'm sure they're alright. It's just so odd to see this "trend," if I can call it that, continue even when I'm 23. I'm a little worried too. One of my friends had joined the Marines only to try and be a mail carrier, and they ended up sending him off to Iraq instead. The same thing is being ascribed to the person I know going over there next. I hope they don't lie to him.

I've been on a geeky book binge lately. Unearthed my old Clerks comic, re-reading The Death of WCW and Have a Nice Day, and re-reading and listening to the radio drama of Kingdom Come by Mark Waid. Good times.

This week is looking pretty bare. I only hope I get better so I can go out and job hunt again. My insurance has pretty much run out because I can't afford to pay it right now.

No comments: