Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Things I'm Looking Forward to in 2012

-Maryland Deathfest. Probably the best Xmas gift ever, I'm beyond ecstatic to finally see some of my favorite bands live for the first time, including Electric Wizard, Nasum, Eyehategod, Yob and so many more. Thankfully there are a handful of bands that are playing that will provide nice breaks for me as well (looking at you Dying Fetus), so I can't get completely burned out.

-Hopefully playing more gigs with Beard of Antlers, including our first out of town show this coming Saturday. True it's in Fayetteville, which is the worst town in the history of fucking EVER, but I'm still excited.

-Planning out 3 fun costumes for Halloween. Gonna keep the theme similar to that of 2009 and stick with wrestling. Why? Because it's fun you silly goose.

-The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, Brave, Prometheus, The Hobbit, The Secret World of Arrietty, The Amazing Spiderman (even though I think it's too soon for a reboot), Men in Black III, Piranha 3DD (which was filmed down here), Gyakuten Saiban (the Ace Attorney film directed by Takashi Miike).

-Getting new employment very, very soon. I have a feeling, I just do. 2011 SUCKED for income purposes, but I have patience and confidence for this year. And no, neither will be mistaken for one another.

-Seeing the most gorgeous woman involved with the MMA scene pose for Playboy in March. Sorry to sound like a perv or creep, but IDGAF. Brittney Palmer rules, she's fucking beautiful and seems like a genuinely cool woman to hang out with.









-Planning out another 30 something day blog like last time, except this time I'll focus on other themes, such as Valentine's Day (romance) or April Fool's (comedy) instead.

-Hopefully changing up some of my diet, including trying to limit myself to just water and milk if possible. I've done a pretty good job of just staying at the weight I'm at right now, but I'd like to get below that. I couldn't bring myself to be too skinny though, I think I'd look unnatural.

-Tekken Tag Tournament 2. True it's not coming to consoles until the end of the year, but gawd dayyyuummmm is that gonna be fun.

-UFC 144. Back in Japan for the first time since 2000, and thankfully the card is stacked. Look forward to hearing a respectful and great crowd for once, which is all too rare in this sport.

-On second thought, doing a blog dedicated to 30 something romantic movies would be very un-Ryan. What the hell was I thinking?

No comments: