Thursday, January 15, 2009

Life as it is now

I suppose this is more of a small update about various things, rather than a proper blog entry. But I won't nitpick and waste my time.

-Had an interview with Blockbuster in Monkey Junction. I think it went pretty well, though it seemed sort of rushed. The guy interviewing me said he's coming back from a vacation (of sorts) at the end of this week, so I'll be sure to check back with him in person should I not receive a phone call from him.

-Went to the video shoot for Lamb of God's new song "Set to Fail." I don't believe it's up online anywhere at this moment, but I'm sure I'm mistaken. They called for about 120 kids to show up, but only about 60-70 showed up. We were crammed into a tiny room that was about the size of a basement (the pic below won't do it any justice), and surrounded the band as they performed to a recording of the track. People moshed, headbanged, pumped their fists, got into the band members' faces, and even crowdsurfed. It was incredibly tiring, but probably one of the most fun experiences I've had in quite some time. Meeting and talking to the band was nice too (Randy seemed rather impressed that I recognized his Tragedy shirt, especially since it only featured their "bird" logo). According to those who worked on the video, Will and myself are featured prominently in quite a bit of the footage. :D



-I think there's a girl who likes me, though I think it's incredibly hard for me to read/understand human emotions these days. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

-It took me 10 years to do so, but I finally saw Kingpin. Even though I got quite a few hearty chuckles out of it, I don't think it's aged well. Perhaps seeing the Farrelly Brothers' later (and some would say better) films has spoiled me.

-Trying to see either Notorious (though I'm nervous about how it's going to turn out) or Gran Torino (even with it's mixed reviews from theatergoers) this week. I've been meaning to get out to the movies more often, but our town is rather dry when it comes to independent (or even GOOD) cinema. Let The Right One In is FINALLY playing in our town at the beginning of February. Definitely excited about that.


Things you should check out:

-TeamFourStar's youtube channel. If you're a Dragon Ball fan like I am, you'll find their parodies absolutely hysterical. Episode 8 was uploaded only about an hour or so ago, and it's pure gold.
-Preacher. I'm on volume 5 of the TPBs and this series continues to get better and better. After the amazing background stories in volume 4, this gets back to the main story and introduced a little twist with our main characters that should prove to be VERY interesting with the coming volumes.
-Audiobook Corner. For years I've been searching for any sites or blogs that specialized in audiobooks, and I finally found one. A pretty good variety that's updated almost every day or two. http://audiobookcorner.blogspot.com
-Energy's "Invasions of the Mind." I feel bad that it took me this long to check this out, especially considering that I've had Punch the Clock for a little while now. A DAMN good melodic hardcore record, with some truly infectious melodies. You'll dig em if you like old AFI.

No comments: